Uplift Studio Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II

3 posters

Go down

AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II Empty AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II

Post by Virgina Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:00 am

Undying Phenomenon

About this RP
  • This is an alternate universe role play for a reason: the character you choose to play as can die! Watch out for that.
  • If you want to participate, PM me here or at my tumblr page requesting permission. We'll set how your character will be introduced.
  • This thread will be using my RP System. You can read all about it here!
    If you just want to see what steps to take to create a character's stats, look over here!
  • I will make a character sheet for your character if you ask! I will be happy to make a sheet that best complements how you want to play or one that reflects your character. (or both!)
  • Don't worry too much about the RP system. This is just like a normal forum RP, only with a dice rolling system for extracurricular stunts, like sneaking, or building stuff, etc. The system should not get in the way of your rping, and I will not fault you if you forget to roll for something. Thank you for joining us!
  • Birds and flying animals are allowed! Just in case someone was wondering.
  • RP replies can be a descriptive or short as you want them to be. It's totally okay to switch between them if you find yourself with more or less time.
    >Doing post like this is okay too!
    >Accept Quest
    >Talk to that chicken guard over there!
    >Loot that wardrobe!

Or it can be as simple as this line of text.
  • Feel free to "try out" this RP. If you don't like it after a while, or can't keep up, you can PM me and I put him or her on a bus!
  • And if the RP system proves to be inadequate or cumbersome, we can abandon it and just try a normal RP.

For five days, reanimated animalia known as the damned have invaded the city of Chervil, Anise. Kettle, an uplift goat from Kinon, had taken shelter in a nearby general store. As supplies ran low, Hector, store owner and fox terrier, asked the goat to seek help in an emergency checkpoint known as the book building. With some hastily drawn directions on a napkin, the goat headed off.

Kettle found himself in the depths of Lazlo Theater, a live performance house now under siege by the undead. It was where he befriended dreg survivor and all around stoic, Tinctus. Together, they uncovered a secret passageway and fled to the rooftops out of danger. The path proved exhausting but safe, with few roadblocks. They traveled far off into the night. As dawn breaks, the two find themselves in a new part of town. The skyways made way to simpler shambles and fence-work, and then finally a foothill. The dew rises from the grass around them, and it's very breezy.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Aether : 4825

Back to top Go down

AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II Empty Re: AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II

Post by Rusty Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Kettle was sleepy-eyed but sleepless. The breezy hill gave him some energy- the shaky kind that might putter on and off- and the excitement of possibly nearing the library added to it.

Feeling safer in numbers, Kettle focused his senses on his acquaintance. "How are you feeling, Tinctus?"
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Aether : 4748

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:15 pm

"Relaxed." replied Tinctus, very monotonously.

At least, he thought relaxed was the proper word for what he felt.
He looked ahead to his surroundings, slightly curious to the abrupt change. It was mostly the dawn's effect, but he felt something magical nonetheless. He smelled the breeze, hoping for new smells to meet his nose.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf
Cryomancer Ermine Familiar

Aether : 4696

http://tewi.us/tegaki/uentries.php?u=93882

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Kettle took a deep breath, as if to mimic Tinctus' feeling. "Ah... hmm," he studied the sunrise's location, then reached for the mapkin, "where are we now?"

>[examine area and mapkin, look for place to turn]
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:52 am

He glanced over Kettle as he shuffled through his things for the mapkin. And although Tinctus heard the question, he didn't think he could actually answer at all, so he just remained in guard.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:55 pm

The morning air is heavy with droplets. All at once, Tinctus sniffed the odors all around him. Lipids and grime. Flowers and honey. Moss and iron. Dew and foliage. Garbage. The only whiff missing is the smell of other residents. He can also sense the faint smell of rot in some directions with more buildings than grassland.

An interesting aspect of this zone is the slopes and natural landscape mixed with the development. While the city still surrounds them--with great girth--it's fair to say they are now closer to the end of Chervil. Kettle fetched the mapkin for directions, but it proves too simple. There is no note of distance. After the little crunched up squares that represented the roofs, the arrow simply continues. In fact, the only point of interest after the rooftops is the destination itself, straight ahead.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Kettle thought about leaving the city limits, but he felt it would eat at him, more than a wound, to break his promise to Hector.
>Continue to destination!
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:01 am

Tinctus wasn't really sure where to go. Well, he was out and that was enough for him. He glanced Kettle as he walked onwards.

He still wanted his potion, but he couldn't ask it back, considering the goat's condition.

He decided to follow him, unconsciously shepherding Kettle.

"Where do you go?" Tinctus eventually asked, still walking alongside him.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:15 pm

"The town meeting place should be close," Kettle explained, though unsure. "I hope they have a plan there," he looked to the distance and hesitated.

"I didn't ask before, did you want to keep going with me there, or leave this town instead? We're closer to the wilderness, which might be safer, I don't know..."
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:08 pm

(oh snaps! I kinda want to see how Tinctus would respond.) :0 (I'll start my GMing soon after the responce or when it feels appropriate.)

EDIT 9/29/12: I forgot to mention, Kettle and Tinctus are now level 2, so spend that omega point! I know Alfador will use it to boost Tinctus' Identity skill. Just inform be with what you'll give Kettle, Dooks!

Combat rule change: STRONG attacks now use up your [aside] command, instead of being an {Undertaking}.

Last edited by Virgina on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Announce LEVEL UP and rule change for STRONG attacks)
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:08 pm

He gazed over at the wilderness, lost in thought.

Tinctus was a slow learner, but he went through a lot on his continuous travelling, and the one thing he learned first, was how he learned best.

"I'll stay." he finally answered in the same crude monotonous voice of always, looking at Kettle through the corner of his eye.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 am

"Oh, hmm," Kettle nodded. He continued forward, keeping his sentimental gush and relief thoroughly hidden.

Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:18 am

AU RP Undying Phenomenon Part II Th_startingspot

The two set forth. Straight ahead, the trail changes to a bumpy dirt road. The land all around is left at its natural state, with rising curves, slopes and valley ways, with the occasional blemish of the Anise Empire world.

Last edited by Virgina on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed description to fit upcoming pics)
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Rather aimlessly, specially since he even couldn't follow the rather complex scripture noted of the mapkin, Tinctus just went with Kettle's footsteps. Or hoofsteps.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down