Uplift Studio Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP)

2 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP) - Page 10 Empty This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP)

Post by Mortimer Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Marrow was hungry. Looking around her tree she found no scraps of anything edible. Any tidbits of food that she had squirrelled away were now gone, and so it was time to forage. She grabbed her bone and set out into the forest, determined to find food.

Marrow started wandering the woods but finding only twigs and turds to gnaw on, she pressed on. She wandered on for several more minutes until she came upon a rotting, fermenting pumpkin. Unaffected by its smell or appearance, she smashed a hole in the side with her bone and immediately started to feast, as at this point she was feeling a little weak from hunger. She pulled herself half way in, smushing pumpkin into her cheeks as she went. As she ate, Marrow was overcome with a strange wooziness and was slowly succumbing to the alcohol that had fermented inside the fruit. She kept eating until she passed out, blackout-drunk.

About that time, a Dreg named Mortimer was walking through the forest. The morgue he worked for was running low on funds, so he was commissioned to look for some fresh cadavers to sell off to necromancers. Equipped with heavy leather surgical gloves and some body-bags, he was having little luck. The whole forest seemed to be booming with life, and this made Morty sad.

After wandering for a ways, the dark ginger Dreg squirrel finally came across something of interest.  He saw Marrow, sticking like a cork out of the side of a rotting pumpkin, only her hips down visible. He set down his bags and rapped on the gourd to see if there was a response. There was none. He referred briefly to his enchanted pocket watch. It was stopped at 4:20, like it had been for the past month. This was precisely how long it had been since it last ticked, signifying that the damned were nearby. Looking over the scene, he decided she must have choked to death a week ago, given the decay of the pumpkin and, seemingly, her too. He lamented, "awwwww, poor……… girl." He pulled her body out and layed it down on a body-bag. "What a shame, you were a cute one too…" He briefly checked her over, then closed the bag up. Noticing the massive femur that was lying near the pumpkin, he grabbed that too, admiring how well preserved it was. One body had to do for him, as it was getting dark. Mortimer made his way back to the village, and the morgue, to stash this find.

Soon after his return, Mortimer moved Marrow from her body bag to the operating table, to prepare her for sale. As he turned to the counter to prepare his instruments, she began to stir…

Last edited by Mortimer on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Aether : 4068

Back to top Go down

This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP) - Page 10 Empty Re: This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP)

Post by Marrow Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:38 pm

She took the bread and started eating it. "It's good," she said, mouth full, sputtering a few crumbs onto the table, the larger ones she picked up off the table and tossed into her mouth. Finishing the bread she continued back onto the oatmeal, finishing it up. She licked her hands clean, then started to drink the orange juice again.
Marrow
Marrow
Necromancer Squirrel Uplift

Aether : 4975

Back to top Go down

This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP) - Page 10 Empty Re: This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP)

Post by Mortimer Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:03 am

As Mortimer was leaning forward to finish his oatmeal while listening to Marrow, he felt crumb bounce square off his forehead. He watched as she then picked it up and ate it. He chuckled quietly to himself as he finished his bowl. "are you ready to head out?" He looked out the window, the sun had disappeared behind a thin haze of clouds, it was quickly becoming overcast. He glanced at the barometer on his kitchen wall. "We may want to set out before it starts raining"
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:08 am

Marrow guzzled down the last of the orange juice. "I'm ready..." She got up, collected her blanket and pillow, stuffed the file and doll into the mass of pillows, and picked up her bone in her free hand. She looked out the window at the sky.
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:20 am

Mort walked out of his house, then kindly held the door aloft for marrow to go through. Now outside he took a large whiff of air. it definitely smelled like rain. He glanced back at the wooden cart that had been left overnight in front of his house. There were still 12 bags in it. "If all that is cumbersome we can put it in the cart here."
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:25 am

Marrow walked through the door, and sat the blanket and pillow onto the cart with the file. She continued to hold her bone, and took the doll in her arm as well. She looked up at the sky again, smelling, too, the dampness in the air.
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:30 am

Mortimer took hold of the two handles jutting from the front of the hand drawn cart and lifted. Immediately the closed cut on his knuckle opened again. Feeling pain, he dropped the cart and watched as fresh blood seeped through the bandages. "Do you mind getting the other handle? My hand is still messed up." He positioned himself to lift with his good hand.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:33 am

"Okay." Marrow placed the doll and her bone onto the cart and grabbed one of the handles. She lifted the cart up to help him pull it.
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:06 am

They made their way through the woods towards Marrow's tree. "Thank you Mar', I'm usually not so clumsy with my tools." He was holding his right hand above his head to stop the bleeding. He looked as if he were practicing ballet.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:16 am

Marrow looked at him, slightly confused by how he pronounced her name, but dismissed it. "Okay..." She looked at him holding his hand up but dismissed this as well as part of his strangeness, as the thought of doing such things to stop bleeding has never occurred to her. She continued to pull the cart through the forest, checking on her things every once in a while to make sure nothing fell off of the cart.
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:25 am

The clouds above them where getting thick now, and the air was growing chill as it moved past them. They trekked for a while before Mort broke the silence. "You said you've studied some Necromancy right? What type of spells can you perform?"
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:48 am

"I... don't know?" She thought back trying to figure out what he meant. She figured that he meant some of the things she's had to practice. "Well... I can't do much.... I was never taught..." She thought carefully. She felt it might be safe to say a few things, but she didn't have any names for them, so with her limited vocabulary, she attempted to describe it. "I...I figured out how to make light... um, I can make parts of my bones into armor... That bleeds a lot though.... Uh.... I don't know what else..." She wasn't good at articulating what she does; she never chose to do such a thing before. She didn't want to list off too much anyway, and stopped there. She looked up, and grew concerned about the clouds.
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:46 pm

The clouds started to gently sprinkle. "That Bone armoring sounds like a really high level spell." Mort put his hurt hand down so it wouldn't get wet. "I've never had much success with magic trying on my own. Maybe you could try teaching me a bit?"
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:00 pm

"I... I don't know if I can...." She looked at him. "Honestly, I barely know how I do it, myself.... It's something I kinda just figured out how to do, but I don't know how it happens..."
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:10 pm

"alright, maybe you can show me some time then, not the bone armor though, I don't expect you to hurt yourself just to show me." They were nearing Marrow's tree.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:20 pm

"It does hurt but... usually it hurts more when I have to do it fast... Does take a lot of energy out of me though..." She looked up and saw her tree appear within view. "Though you'll probably wind up seeing me use it sometime anyway..."
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:02 pm

The light sprinkle of rain began to stop, but the ominous clouds remained. "This is the tree right?" he said as they reached it's base.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:09 pm

"Yeah, it is." She took her bone off of the cart, with the file, pillow, blanket, and doll, and climbed up the tree, using one hand and her feet, and put the stuff inside. She hopped back down off a few branches and grabbed a bag of the nuts and started climbing them up her tree, one by one, and tossing them in pile in a corner.
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:59 am

Mortimer took a bag of nuts and hugged it to his chest with his bad hand and began to climb, he was finding it difficult to hold onto the bag and climb. He could feel the deep cut on his knuckle separating further. He had finally reach the branch leading to Marrow's home. He laid the bag against the opening. As Mort was preparing to climb back down, he was hit in the back of the head by a sizable chunk of ice and fell to the branch bellow. Mort gave out a loud groan as he laid on the branch, stunned. The weather had turned suddenly to hail.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:07 am

Marrow, seeing the hail begin, scurried up into the tree. The rest of the bags will have to wait. She looked out from her tree down at Mort laying on the branch. She initially didn't want to let him into her house, but decided to anyway, the decision becoming easier after everything they had gone through. "You okay? Can you get in here?" She looked out at him, concerned.
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:22 am

Mort, still dizzy, sat against the trunk of he tree to regain himself. "I just need a moment to get my head back." he said grasping his skull.

After sitting for only a minute, another large hailstone collided with the branch he was on, nearly hitting him. He decided it was not smart to take any more time. He began to climb uneasily up to the opening. He made it inside.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:45 am

Marrow looked outside. "I guess you'll be staying here for a bit..." She walked over to him. "Are you okay? I didn't want to put you in this situation... It's my fault... If we didn't meet this wouldn't have happened...."
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:21 am

"This isn't your fault Marrow." His head was still spinning as he sat against the wall near her table. "Storms happen, and I'm alright, I'm just shaken up." He felt the back of his head. It was tender but not bleeding. "Thank you for letting me in."
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:31 am

"Okay..." She glanced around and noticed her pillow and blanket. She picked them up and offered them to him. "Use these..." She sat them down next to him. She then noticed the doll, and picked it up, handing it to him as well. "This too..." She sat down next to him quietly and looked outside at the storm picking up.
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Mortimer took the cushion and put it behind his head and wrapped the blank around himself, holding the doll under an arm. "thank you." As he sat with Marrow looking out the opening at the storm, his head slowly stopped spinning, but his head still ached. He was having trouble focusing. He looked across the tabletop next to him. "I thought you said you didn't know what books where?" He pointed to the leather bound book that had grabbed his attention.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:11 pm

"That's a 'book'...?" She asked, looking at the book on the counter. "I found it... I don't really know what it is for... I looked at the pictures, but I can't understand the marks in it at all. The pictures were interesting so I kept it. Don't know what to do with it though."
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum