Uplift Studio Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP)

2 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP) - Page 11 Empty This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP)

Post by Mortimer Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Marrow was hungry. Looking around her tree she found no scraps of anything edible. Any tidbits of food that she had squirrelled away were now gone, and so it was time to forage. She grabbed her bone and set out into the forest, determined to find food.

Marrow started wandering the woods but finding only twigs and turds to gnaw on, she pressed on. She wandered on for several more minutes until she came upon a rotting, fermenting pumpkin. Unaffected by its smell or appearance, she smashed a hole in the side with her bone and immediately started to feast, as at this point she was feeling a little weak from hunger. She pulled herself half way in, smushing pumpkin into her cheeks as she went. As she ate, Marrow was overcome with a strange wooziness and was slowly succumbing to the alcohol that had fermented inside the fruit. She kept eating until she passed out, blackout-drunk.

About that time, a Dreg named Mortimer was walking through the forest. The morgue he worked for was running low on funds, so he was commissioned to look for some fresh cadavers to sell off to necromancers. Equipped with heavy leather surgical gloves and some body-bags, he was having little luck. The whole forest seemed to be booming with life, and this made Morty sad.

After wandering for a ways, the dark ginger Dreg squirrel finally came across something of interest.  He saw Marrow, sticking like a cork out of the side of a rotting pumpkin, only her hips down visible. He set down his bags and rapped on the gourd to see if there was a response. There was none. He referred briefly to his enchanted pocket watch. It was stopped at 4:20, like it had been for the past month. This was precisely how long it had been since it last ticked, signifying that the damned were nearby. Looking over the scene, he decided she must have choked to death a week ago, given the decay of the pumpkin and, seemingly, her too. He lamented, "awwwww, poor……… girl." He pulled her body out and layed it down on a body-bag. "What a shame, you were a cute one too…" He briefly checked her over, then closed the bag up. Noticing the massive femur that was lying near the pumpkin, he grabbed that too, admiring how well preserved it was. One body had to do for him, as it was getting dark. Mortimer made his way back to the village, and the morgue, to stash this find.

Soon after his return, Mortimer moved Marrow from her body bag to the operating table, to prepare her for sale. As he turned to the counter to prepare his instruments, she began to stir…

Last edited by Mortimer on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Aether : 4068

Back to top Go down

This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP) - Page 11 Empty Re: This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP)

Post by Mortimer Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:11 pm

"Books are used to spread knowledge, I have a small collection of medical reference books" He got to his feet and walked to the front of the desk in order to look at it closer. Using his unbloodied hand, he turned it to a random page. There was an image of a skull with all of it's parts separated and labeled. He looked closely at the text, all the symbols were familiar but he couldn't understand what they meant, they seemed to shift around the page. Mort knew immediately something was wrong, not with the book, but his head. He tried to remember his medical background to diagnose, but he was at a loss. His mind was unclear and growing distant. He started to get unbearably dizzy once more. He threw his hands onto the table to brace himself. His left hand landed on a necklace he hadn't noticed in his daze. The muscles in his body began to seize and he fell to the floor unceremoniously, knocking a box to the ground scattering its contents across the floor. He laid on the ground clutching the necklace in his hand.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP) - Page 11 Empty Re: This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP)

Post by Marrow Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Marrow sprung to her feet and knelt beside him. "Uh..." She grabbed a cloth nearby and quickly wrapped it around her hand. She shook his shoulder lightly. "You okay? Uh... You hear me?" She looked at him, slightly panicked now. She put her hands over her mouth and watched him, wide eyed, between her fingers. She knew there was nothing she could do but watch and hope he recovers, which started to distress her. She felt to blame for all of this.
Marrow
Marrow
Necromancer Squirrel Uplift

Aether : 4975

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:00 pm

As he laid there his vision began to clear and his muscles relaxed. He felt a sharp pinching sensation in the back of his skull and his right hand began to grow hot and itch. He felt the thin chain in his left hand. He held it up to his face and watched as it pulsed. He felt the confusion and pain slowly fade. "Brain hemorrhaging caused by blunt trauma!" he spouted without realizing it. He sat up and looked at marrow. "I...I'm okay?" He looked back down to the amulet in his hand. It slowly stopped pulsing and had left a red residue on his hand. "What is this?"
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:14 pm

She wiped a tear from her eye as she slowly lowered her hands from her face. "I...I thought you were going to die....." She tried to relax herself after the scare, breathing fairly quickly. "I.... I don't know what it is... I found it..." She looked at it in his hand, then at him. "What happened to you..." She looked back down at it, noticing the residue on his hand. "What... what it do to you?"
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Mort unwrapped the bandages from his hand. where the deep cut had been, only an hour since it'd been ripped open again, there was only a patch of fur missing and pale skin. He felt the back of his head, it was no longer tender. He felt fine. "That blow to my head must have caused bleeding in my brain." he pointed to his head. "This… I think this healed me." he held his hand out to show Marrow. the fur all matted down with half dried blood but the cut was clearly turned to healthy skin.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:41 pm

Marrow looked at his hand closely. "So this thing heals....? I wasn't really hurt when i found it.... Maybe why I didn't notice anything...." She looked at it, slightly curious now that she has realized it is more than just some junk she found.
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:48 pm

"It's reflected light was pulsing and it was seeping what looks like... blood, while I was on the ground. I think it's enchanted" he looked closely at the red jewel. "There's a paper inside it with writing, I can't read it, but that seems like some kind of magic." He looked at marrow. "…I have an idea, if you'll let me try…" He shifted closer to her. "Can I… touch you?"
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Marrow backed away a step. "If it doesn't work I'll hurt you... I don't want to hurt you." She looked at the floor for a moment, then looked up at him. "If you're sure... I guess it's okay.... but... if I hurt you... just back off before damage is done....."
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Mortimer got to his feet and stepped towards her "If I'm right, this may counteract your withering aura." He put the amulet around his neck, then very slowly brought his empty hand up to her face. he gently ran his fingers through the fur on her cheek. He let his hand rest onto her face.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:17 pm

Marrow closed her eye closest to his hand as he put his hand on her face. She stood extremely still. She noticed soon the warmth from his hand; she didn't know living things were that warm. She looked at him and asked, "Does it hurt? It's working?"
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:25 pm

He left his hand on her face for a moment. The amulet on his chest began to slowly pulse. "I don't feel any pain, it seems like it's healing faster than your aura can wither." He ran his thumb gently across cheekbone.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:54 pm

"Okay..." Marrow closed her eyes and leaned into his hand a bit, starting to feel more comfortable knowing he's not about to hurt her, either. She slowly brought her hand up and put it on the back of his, holding his hand against her face. "You're really warm... That normal?"
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:08 am

Mort felt his forehead. "yeah, this is normal for me, you're a bit cool, is that normal?" he put his other hand on her other cheek gently.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:16 am

"Yeah... I'm pretty sure it is..." She put her other hand on his. "I haven't felt anyone who's alive before."
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:28 am

"I can't believe that…" he was playing with the fur just under her ears now. "How do I feel?"
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:42 am

"Can't?" She lowered her hands and looked at him. She slowly raised one of her hands and put it on his face. "Warm... You feel warm. And soft." She paused. "Are you sure... it's not hurting you yet?"
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:04 am

"I just can't imagine never being able to touch anyone…" He pressed his face into her hand. "I feel fine, no pain at all." The hail was still falling heavily outside.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:27 am

"It's easy when you have to deal with what I have had to deal with..." She moved her fingers slightly; she could tell he was a lot fluffier and softer than her. "I don't know why, but... its kind of comforting..."
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:00 am

"It is, isn't it?" He slowly took his hands from her face and moved to sit where they were under the blanket. "This storm is still going strong, would you like to sit with me to wait it out?"
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:12 am

"Okay..." She followed him over to the blankets and sat down next to him. She watched as the storm continued. "This is a really bad storm..." She leaned on his shoulder with hers. "Haven't seen one quite this bad in a while."
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:37 am

Mort put the blanket over both of them. "It sure is..." He found her hand under the blanket and put his on top of it. "I remember there was an aether storm a while back. I had my hands full cleaning up some of the damned who'd wandered into the village as a result. It was great for business, but one of them almost bit my other ear off."
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Marrow turned her hand over and held his. "I remember one of those around here. Whenever those happen crap always tries to climb into my tree... I'm pretty used to them; I grew up in a place where they're a bit more common..." She put her other hand over his. "I don't really remember how my ear got messed up..." She felt warmer as his body heat warmed under the blanket more effectively than hers. She scooted closer and rested her head on his shoulder.
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Mort felt her press up against him, and placed an arm around her gently. "I was born somewhere in this forest, There's never been anything too dangerous… besides some people who've passed through…" He found the doll and placed it between them.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:42 pm

"I don't know where I was born, but my earliest memories were from living in the ruins... But I rathered walking around there to being in home, so I'd sneak out a lot. I could have been killed so easily, now that I think back. Don't know why I'm still here. Before you the only one I've really had to interact with who was alive... Was the worst to me.... But, it makes it difficult for me to trust anyone because that. It's not easy for me." She looked at the floor across the room as she spoke. "It's even more difficult for me now because you're so good to me and I still fear that I'll hurt you somehow. I don't think I deserve to have you around... Not knowing what I did... how brutal or anything it might have been.... And how I don't remember any of it... But I know I'm the one who did it.... I'm afraid."
Marrow
Marrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:26 pm

"Well, I trust that you really don't want to hurt me. And I think that's enough for me to stick around." He started to sink back against the wall comfortably. "I'll make sure you're not hurting me though, if it'll help ease your mind" he moved his fingers slightly through the fur of her midsection.
Mortimer
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum