This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP)

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP)

Post by Mortimer on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Marrow was hungry. Looking around her tree she found no scraps of anything edible. Any tidbits of food that she had squirrelled away were now gone, and so it was time to forage. She grabbed her bone and set out into the forest, determined to find food.

Marrow started wandering the woods but finding only twigs and turds to gnaw on, she pressed on. She wandered on for several more minutes until she came upon a rotting, fermenting pumpkin. Unaffected by its smell or appearance, she smashed a hole in the side with her bone and immediately started to feast, as at this point she was feeling a little weak from hunger. She pulled herself half way in, smushing pumpkin into her cheeks as she went. As she ate, Marrow was overcome with a strange wooziness and was slowly succumbing to the alcohol that had fermented inside the fruit. She kept eating until she passed out, blackout-drunk.

About that time, a Dreg named Mortimer was walking through the forest. The morgue he worked for was running low on funds, so he was commissioned to look for some fresh cadavers to sell off to necromancers. Equipped with heavy leather surgical gloves and some body-bags, he was having little luck. The whole forest seemed to be booming with life, and this made Morty sad.

After wandering for a ways, the dark ginger Dreg squirrel finally came across something of interest.  He saw Marrow, sticking like a cork out of the side of a rotting pumpkin, only her hips down visible. He set down his bags and rapped on the gourd to see if there was a response. There was none. He referred briefly to his enchanted pocket watch. It was stopped at 4:20, like it had been for the past month. This was precisely how long it had been since it last ticked, signifying that the damned were nearby. Looking over the scene, he decided she must have choked to death a week ago, given the decay of the pumpkin and, seemingly, her too. He lamented, "awwwww, poor……… girl." He pulled her body out and layed it down on a body-bag. "What a shame, you were a cute one too…" He briefly checked her over, then closed the bag up. Noticing the massive femur that was lying near the pumpkin, he grabbed that too, admiring how well preserved it was. One body had to do for him, as it was getting dark. Mortimer made his way back to the village, and the morgue, to stash this find.

Soon after his return, Mortimer moved Marrow from her body bag to the operating table, to prepare her for sale. As he turned to the counter to prepare his instruments, she began to stir…

Last edited by Mortimer on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

Aether : 2112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This One's Not So Stiff… (Private RP)

Post by Marrow on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:27 am

"I....don't know? Didn't think there was any name for it." She tilted her head to the side, trying to understand what he was talking about. "It does only happen if I touch something alive with nothing between."
Marrow
Necromancer Squirrel Uplift

Aether : 3019

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:10 am

"In that case, I don't think I'm in any danger from being around you, so long as we don't…… um, touch eachother." He got to his feet and lifted the bag of bones. "Apparently if two mages who survived the Great Cataclysm produce a child together… their offspring, an 'Uplift', is imbued with their magical aspects… or at least so I've read…" He gestured for Marrow to follow. "We're not terribly far from where I found you."
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:33 am

Marrow was suddenly reminded of her father, Osteon, and was reminded of the time he told her that she killed her mom, and was not given any more information. She remembered only the feeling of uncertainty, thinking she must have done it on her own choice, blindly. Not yet making the connection to her withering touch, she stayed put and dropped to her knees, looking at the ground having been reminded of one of the other reasons she refuses to associate with others. She didn't want to blindly harm him like how she thought she did to her mother. "Go on without me. I'm probably not safe." She continued to look at the ground and her eyes watered. "I like what you have done for me but... I don't think I can.... trust myself. To not hurt you somehow. I don't want to."
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:46 am

Mortimer, caught off guard by this sudden emotional outburst, he stopped and looked back. He had no context as to what had caused it. He set down his load, and kneeled down in front of Marrow. Still wearing the gloves, he took her hand and raised it between them. "I don't know why you say that, but I don't feel that way. I get the feeling that I can trust you…" he smiled at her. "I've dealt with those who've tried to kill me before…" he pulled the collar of his shirt down, popping a few buttons off, to show the massive scar spanning from under his chin to his collar bone. "And I trust you, Marrow." He got to his feet and tugged her hand upwards gently. "I promised to help you get home, and I intend to… and after that, if you do not want to see me again… I would understand."
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Marrow looked up at Mortimer, stood up with the tug, and sighed. "Okay... just... don't say I didn't warn you..." She looked at his gloved hand holding hers. Normally, she would have pulled her hand away by now, but, there was something calming about it, she didn't really understand. "I've... done some bad things. That's all. Just be careful around me."
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:43 pm

"Alright" Still holding her hand they started walking. "C'mon, it's just a bit of a walk" He grabbed the bag of bones as they passed it with his free hand.
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Marrow stared at her hand in his as they walked, unsure of why he still had a hold of it. She thought of pulling her hand away, but, she found she didn't really want to. She closed her hand to hold his back. She wiped her eyes with her other arm as she walked beside him. "Why are you doing this?" she asked. "Why are you helping me?"
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:47 pm

He felt her squeeze back "well… at first I felt terrible for abducting you, I was trying to make up for that… but after we talked for some time, I kinda decided that I like you…" He was starting to get a little flustered. "an…and, I wanted to hopefully get you to like me too…"
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:12 pm

"I.... I don't know if I understand..." she responded. "I hate everyone. I don't trust anyone." She looked over at him. "But you seem okay, so... I don't know what I think about you. I don't know if I like you..."
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:27 pm

"well… if you can at least tolerate me, we can start from there." the pumpkin was just in sight now.
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:36 pm

"I stayed around this long. There must be something I seem okay with about you." Marrow saw the pumpkin, and had a very fuzzy memory of eating from it. ".....The last thing I remember is eating that pumpkin. How did you take me over to that place? I think I would have noticed..."
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:53 pm

As they approached the pumpkin Mort had flashes of projectile vomit hitting him right in the face. "Ahhhh… yeah." he set down the bag, and pointed to the hole in it's side. "You were sticking out of this side, completely unresponsive. I pulled you out, and laid you on the ground. You looked completely dead…" he sniffed the inside if the pumpkin "Yup! just like I thought. This thing is fermented. I think you passed out from consuming so much of it. Getting drunk can be fun… but maybe a bit less next time."

Last edited by Mortimer on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:00 pm

"....I looked dead?" She asked, completely oblivious to the fact that she looks dead at all. "It was the only food I could find, and I was starving."
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:13 pm

He looked her right in the face, her fur still sticky, matted down and spiked in all crazy directions still from the dried fluids making her cadaverous appearance even more so. "uh Yeah…Ah, that's understandable, the alcohol probably hit you that much harder for being hungry…"
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:25 pm

"I don't remember what that did to me.... I just remember waking up." Marrow looked around. "I think I remember where my home is now..."
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:23 pm

"Marrow, I want you to have this" He handed her a small silver nugget. "that's your share of what this skeleton will sell for, I wouldn't have found it without you, thank you."

Last edited by Mortimer on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:30 am

Marrow took the nugget and sniffed it. "What is this?" She tossed it in her mouth to taste it.
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:06 am

"It's a…OH WAIT WAIT DON'T SWALLOW IT! That's valuable!"
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:13 am

Startled by his sudden outburst, she accidentally swallowed it. She looked at him, wide-eyed. "Um....... You mean it wasn't food...?" She slowly licked her lips. "It tasted kinda good though."
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:38 am

"uhhhhh…no, that was a precious metal used for trading in the village…" He thought for a minute. "well, it won't hurt you, but you might want to sift through your sto…uh… poop, for the next couple days. If you get it back, you'll be able to trade that small nugget for at least 100 acorns… well after you clean it off at least"
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:46 am

"....Oops...." She scratched her head. "Well, I'll do that then... I don't know a lot about trading. I rarely do it."
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:48 am

"Well, if you'd like… maybe I could come find you again some time, and I could help you spend it?"
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:01 am

Marrow thought for a moment. It was a huge risk to let him find her again. "Um...." She looked at him, thinking carefully. After everything that happened, she concluded that she would be safe in letting him see her again. "Okay... I.... I live over here..." She walked for a bit until she came upon her tree. "This is it...." She leaned, shoulder against her tree. "Just, watch out around me. I already warned you. I don't know what I might do that could hurt you." She looked to the ground. "If you want to take the risk.... I... don't mind."
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:19 pm

"I think I'd like that" he smiled. "I'll come and see you again in a couple days, give you some time to pass that silver piece."
Mortimer
Mortician Squirrel Dreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Marrow had felt half of her mouth pull back again in a half smile. She didn't understand it, but she didn't stop it either, this time. "Okay." She returned her expression back to her default. "Uh, I guess I'll see you then, then."
Marrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next