Uplift Studio Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack's journals and memories

Go down

Jack's journals and memories Empty Jack's journals and memories

Post by Jack the coyote Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:17 am

-Beforehand: This is just some stories, and little "memories" from Jack and Jack's parents, when playing, unless you ask Jack directly, the characters in Uplift (at least the ones not related to Jack) should not know about his past, meaning, if you're gonna interact with Jack with your character, remember that, although you may have read these stories, your character is almost certain to NOT know about it, but you may ask and Jack will be in almost all topics (and the ones not, you can RP your way through ;) ) open to tell your character. This is all just to add to the lore of my own character and the world of Uplift as well =) -

Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Aether : 4738

Back to top Go down

Jack's journals and memories Empty Re: Jack's journals and memories

Post by Jack the coyote Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:29 am

Extract from Teage's early days journal:

Adlai is gone, something happened, I can't trully explain with words what was, it was more a feeling, there was magic, like I never seen it before, Adlai was a master with the wind element, but even her powers were not anything compared to what I saw and FELT that day. And then they banished, they all banished, all our masters, and now we're alone, we're scared, lonely, we're heartbroken, we miss them so much... I miss her so much... I still remember when... Oh, enough, Adlai was not a person who would dwell in pain, she would have want his friend to stay put, and to continue with his life. I will, for her and for me. It's a promise.

...Still I wish she'd still be here... I guess I'll never overcome that. Though I remain positive towards the future. Yesterday I met this young tigress, at first she wanted to eat me, which amused me, but once I calmed her down I discovered quite an interesting animal in her. I think we will become quite good friends.

And then I sighed, it was Adlai who taught me that some people, and animals, just need a second chance, even if they try to eat you.

...She would have laugh at that.
And I just did, I'm smiling, thinking about her makes me sad and happy at the same time, it's an odd feeling.
Hmm night is falling, goodnight Adlai.

Last edited by Jack the coyote on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:18 pm

Extract from Teage's early days journal:

One thing about Bengala, is that she's the most brave creature I've met so far in this jungle, and probably the most normal creature I've met in this jungle. I have not traveled a lot in my life, master Adlai was always in the village we lived on, and barely moved far from there, except for one or two escapades we had. Oh, good times.
But anyways, where was I, and why I wrote this
For what I read in books, wolves aren't really part of a jungle, neither antieaters, or big white birds. ...Though they might be, my knowledge on jungles are quite low. Maybe that's why I decided to move here... Sometimes I think that without Adlai I'm a bit of a hobo.

But back to Bengala, she's really brave, today we were fishing (I'm trying to make her less... carnivore)by the river, when this giant snake jumped on me and tried to drown me, and probably use me as his lunch, and while underwater, my aeromance powers did barely work! The pressure, and stress of the situation had me too nervous to think on using them right. But then I felt the snake ceasing on his trying to kill me, and slipping away as fast as he could, Bengala had just attack him! And she told me to be terrified of water! Granted she pulled me out very quickly from the water, but still... that was very brave of her. I owe her my life.

Adlai, I know now, that I've found a real friend. You'd be so happy for me...
Night's falling, have a good night, Adlai.

[there were noticeable signs of tears in the paper]
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Extract from Teage's mid days journal:

[...unreadable]
...so I was aware, that Bengala might have been jealous, of my new partner, Ashar, the wolve I've been telling you about these last weeks, so I kind of settled a little "trap" if you will, to see if my suspicious were right or not, and well... Not that they were, but I found out more than I'd imagine.

Sometimes I think Adlai would laugh at me, for being such a girl and talk about these things so much.
...But then I think I got it from her, so I'd accuse her, and she'd laugh even more.

Anyways, what I found out is that Bengala actually had feelings for me, before Ashar came around, but apparently, when she saw us, she understood that we could not be together. Which made me pretty sad I must recognize, I had feelings for her as well... But life has its way to turn things around. But now that Ashar is here, and that she's such.. an extraordinary wolf, I feel that our paths were somehow meant to join... But, I feel so confused... How can I have feelings for two different people? And why... Oh Adlai, why those feelings are so similar? I'm so confused...
Hm

I also got to know that Ashar and Bengala, actually did had a bit of a rivalry going on, but my set up was perfect, I sent them to get the food for the next week together, with the excuse that I needed to do some work on our den and fix some parts of our little "house" (I know you'll call it house Adlai, you were homey like that). But I followed them, and once they were at the river, the same river where that giant snake attacked me some months ago, they had this kind of breakdown. I couldn't really understand them all that well, but it seemed that they were both being unconsiderate with each other. By the end of the conversation they made peace and nuzzled each other, which made my feelings for both of them even stronger...

Ashar has also proven to be a very loyal companion, another wolf pack from the deep jungle got in the way of the girls, and they seemed to want the food Bengala and Ashar had gathered, and just when they were rounding up Bengala (and when I was about to jump into action), Ashar howled really loud, and got the attention of the entire pack, and suddenly, though I could not see it closely, nor listen exactly what she said, the wolves nodded at her, and with that "I give up" face that defeated people make, they went away right where they came from. She demonstrated to be brave, and to care about her friends.

Oh Adlai, you would have so loved that scene. Someday, when we get together again, I'll tell you all these stories by myself. And I'm sure I will make you cry out of happiness! And that I'll cry with you...

Goodnight Adlai
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:51 pm

It's been exactly 20 years, since you abandoned us Adlai, 20 long years. But, I'm not writting this out of pain, or suffering. It's more, a deep memory, that will never leave, yours Adlai. A memory I hold close to my heart, somehow, I feel that you're alive, within me. And, maybe I'm a horrible friend but, I stopped feeling sad everytime I remembered you, and now happiness has replace it, thinking about you makes me happy, and knowing, feeling, that you're alive in me, that my memories of you keeps you alive, puts a cherry of hope and happiness to my life. Thanks to that, I've built a new family. And we couldn't be happier (well maybe we could if the crops grew faster, and there were less hostile people around us, but overall we are pretty happy).

Bengala and Ashar are probably much more than what I deserve, I don't know how I got so lucky, I don't know how or why they both stayed with me for this long, I didn't think I could touch their hearts that way... Maybe I'm a bit negative on myself, but all in all it has been so far a new experience for me. Love.
Their happiness is so contagious, and I think mine is as well, and it makes a cycle of peace between us three.

But something happened today, besides from the normal chores and patterns, Bengala came to me concerned about some, "issues" she had with herself. It was quite an awkward conversation, yet surprisingly pleasant.

That's one thing I miss that never happened, that kind of awkward conversations with you. Sometimes I feel like I never learned all what you could have taught me Adlai.
But I guess I'm right to feel that way, since it's probably true.

Night already fell, have a good night Adlai.
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Quick note on one of Teage's journal:

IM GOING TO BE A DAD! Ashar is pregnant, and I think I'm the most nervous of them all. Bengala just laughs at my excitement but I can see her happiness as well, and Ashar always tells me that she should be the one nervous.

BUT ADLAI, IM GOING TO BE A DAD! This is probably one of the most happy moments in my life, I hope you're seeing this.
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:18 pm

To come up with a name for our child has been proven to be very difficult. It has made us all be a bit grumpy, and has risen some discussion between us. I'd say it's nothing big, but well, I may just be a tad too optimistic.

About optimism, I think I had too much of a good life, that I could have become too positive, too naive, too blind, vulnerable to this world's worse face, a face that happens everyday, everytime, bad things are always bond to happen, and it's up to us to make them good things happen. And... when I think about it, the worse thing that ever happened to me, that made me realize that the world isn't all a road of flowers, was when you disappeared Adlai. If someone reads this in the future, especially if a familiar reads it, will probably beat me up after doing so, but... I think that even losing you had a good side. When I think about it.. I owe you so much Adlai, so, so, so much... I hope you know, wherever you are right now, that not only I love you, but I am very thankful for everything, for everything you did for me.

I think I got a bit carried away, where was I, ah yes, the name of our child... Ashar thinks it should be called Ashbeneg, because it contains part of all of our names, I think it's pretty nice, and it sounds unisex, so it could be for a girl and a boy. Bengala came up with Baisha if it's a girl, and Len if it's a boy, and honestly, both sound and are wonderful, it's quite hard to decide, and it has ended in a bit of a battle between them... But, even if they argued about it, they noticed my lack of participation... So they kind of allied and turned to me, they expect me to have come up with a name for tomorrow... But I like their suggestions already, why do I have to come up with it? Being a dad is already difficult, and my child hasn't even been born yet. No, Adlai, stop laughing! ...Heh, I figured you were... Anyways, I will come up with something... I have to right? I mean, it's the name of my future child, it's something way too important to bail on.

I hope Ashar and Bengala don't hate whatever I come up with...

Anyways, night's falling and I have a lot of thinking to do, have a good night Adlai.
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Time has not been easy on Teage's journals and memories, a great part of it was destroyed, or unreadable. There's only a few scraps of the last journals of Teage.
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Extract from Teage's last days journals:

Jackie's growing fast and strong, today Bengala went with him to the Snake River, and teached Jack how to fish. Though he used his powers once again, like yesterday with Ashar and their hunt... Maybe I taught him aeromancy too early, but well... I guess as an Uplift it's his duty to control his own powers, I just wish he didn't overused them so much. Oh well, he'll learn I'm sure of that. He's such a happy-go-lucky kiddo... You would have loved him Adlai... Bah what am I saying, I'm sure you love him.

Ashar thought we could use some of the materials of the...

[Unreadable]
...though I'll consider it.

[Unreadable]
...Ashar thinks this may be something more serious. I just think it's a minor thing, I mean I'm just coughing a bit. Nothing wrong with that. Right Adlai?

[Unreadable]
...ight Adlai.
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Extract from Teage's last days journals:

I can feel it, my end is near. The day we will meet again is close. You know Adlai, as a familiar, I never thought I'd ever see an end to my days, and that thught kind of scared me, surviving my beloved ones, and my son... I am too young to comprehend the benefits of a long life span, or... infinite for the matter. I don't know if I would have been able too. So, in a way, to see the end of the road, is a bit of tranquilizing.

Bengala has been down these days, she can sense it, Ashar has taken my position on Jack's education for these days, I don't envy her, she is worried, and can't show it because of the fear to scare Jack. Same goes with Bengala...
Which leads me, to think that the end of my road will mean the sadness of them all...
I don't know If I can die in peace knowing that... And I don't know if I'll be able to transmit to them, that I love them, with all my heart, that they are the most important things and have always been in my world, the only things that made it have some sense, that they will always be the source of all my happiness. I don't know if I'll be able to let them know, that I'll always be with them, even when I'm gone. I know that, because of you Adlai, you never left me, you were always with me, in my heart.

I hope I'll be able to let them know that... If I can't, I'll just have to believe in them, believe that they will realize it.

I never realized how beauty the stars are... Goodnight Adlai.
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Extract from Teage's journal last entry:

I won't be seeing a tomorrow. My fever is too high, I can barely see anything, my farsight vision has become too blurry. Luckily, I can still focus on the paper where I'm writting what will possibly be my last words. I can feel the world losing it's brightness, how everything is becoming dark. Everything is getting warmer, and I'm tired, very tired, I feel death dragging me away... But my thoughts are still working, and I will take one last profit of it.

I told them all what I felt, I transmitted them my will. And they understood me... Oh Adlai, I am so proud of them, I am so relieved, so peaceful... So happy. It's so difficult to explain, it's like, all my life lead to this, I've accomplished so much. Even if it doesn't look like it, to me, the their happiness, means the whole universe, and I did it. I made them happy, I could feel it so real, as they all hugged me, as we cried. I fulfilled my destiny.

And even if there's tears of joy slipping through my fur, I can't but to think of how much I could have done if only I had more time... Ashar and Bengala are dregs, and they won't live nearly as much as Jack and there's so many secrets of aeromancy I could have taught him and... and... and he'll have to face it all alone. But... I know that even if I had time I wouldn't be satisfied, I'd ask for more and more, and would never be content, just like I did when you were gone. It's their time now. I wrote Jack a letter, saying all the things I wasn't able too. I also wrote another letter to Ashar and Bengala, I think I taught them well over the years, but I believe they'll have to be together to decypher it anyways, like they always were, together by my side... The thought of it puts a last smile in my ill face, the thought of them reading their letter, the thought of them taking care of Jack, teaching him all what I won't be able too, the thought of Jack taking care of them, the thought Jack growing up without me, the thought of all the things I won't be able to see by myself, but through my son's eyes, through the eyes of my beloved ones. I love you Ashar, Bengala, Jack, I love you all, you are my whole life, you brought me peace, you brought me happiness. You'll always be in my heart, and I'll always be in yours.

Such a sweet sorrow, oh Adlai, we'll meet again, after so many years. We will...

The sky, is so beautiful at night, the stars, so bright, so...

[The last entry of Teage's journal had several marks of tears, it seemed like many had read it, and many had cried in it. ]

The place where the last words of Teage rest, the last place were Teage rested, had also two other letters, and a little inscription roughly written that said:

We will always love you.
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Letter to Ashar and Bengala, Teage's beloved ones:

Dear Ashar and dear Bengala,

I leave you this little letter as my last words to you two.
I don't really know how to explain, how to transmit my feelings for you, I know I tried, and I know you felt it, that you understood it. Still, sometimes I wish I had a better way with words, or a better way to transmit my feelings, because, I am sure I ran short on words on how much I love you two and... And I am probably making this letter too complicate to read already without my ramblings.

My gratitude towards you do not have a limit, I don't know why you, both of you, decided to stay with someone so small like me, I ain't no special coyote... But, you filled me with such happiness...
I just want to say that, I hope I was a good partner, or lover, or whatever you want to call me, I hope... I hope I made you as happy as you made me.

Thank you, thank you Bengala, thank you Ashar, you were much more than what I could have ever wish.
Remember when I used to talk and talk about Adlai? How I would never shut up about her? When I see her again, she will have to hear me talking and talking about you.

Thanks for being the light in my heart, thanks, for staying, and not only keeping that light, but making it brighter every single day.
Take good care of Jack, our will, the proof of our love.

With all his heart's love,
Teage the Coyote
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Letter to Jack, Teage's legacy:

Dear Jack,

It's kind of hard to write this knowing that this will probably be the last words you'll read from me. There's so much I would like to tell you, so much I would like to teach you, so much I would like to learn from you, so much...
But, sometimes this world has a funny way to work, and things don't go as we predict they will. But don't be sad, things happen for a reason, though I've witnessed several things happening for no reason whatsoever... But that's a reason in itself. Oh, sorry, I think I'm letting my thoughts flow in with no order.

Jack, there's only one thing I can tell you about life, and that is it's worth living. Never lose your spirit, is what guides us, and in the end what leads us to be happy. And happiness, is, and will always be our main goal in this life. Once you see that survival is only a part of life, you'll understand that there's much more to it than living one day more. Never give up on your happiness.
And remember where your happiness is, this can be hard to realize, I admit. But, once I saw that Adlai was still in me, that she never left me completely, I realized that, my happiness was as well, in Bengala, in Ashar, in you. I'd give my life, gladly, for any of you. You are all my happiness.

It's your time to find the next pieces of your happiness, we, Ashar, Bengala and I will always be with you, even if you can't see us anymore, you have all what you need in you, go find it, and once you get it, do not give up on it. Even if it looks like an impossible task.

You are my son, Jack, I am, and will always be, proud of you.
May your spirit always guide your path with no regrets and no hesitations.

Will always love you,
Teage the Coyote
P.S: If you ever encounter with a bee nest, please, don't let their honey tempt you, the weeks I had to pass resting after being sting by dozens of bees were not worth their honey.
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Extract from Jack's only journal in Teage's den:

Ashar, was the first to die, it was, very, very hard to accept it, even when I knew it was going to happen sooner or later... But, Bengala stuck by my side all the time, I felt like a cub again, and couldn't do much but to cry on her fur, while she gently cuddled me. I felt so, insignificant... I guess that's what death makes us all feel. It happens to everyone, right? In the end...
I was a bit more prepared when Bengala died, though that didn't prevent me from crying like a baby again, but, I was a bit happier this time, I guess, I understand that death is just another phase of life. You told me that dad, I guess I just never realized how right you were.
They both rest in peace, and you'd be proud to know that I myself dug up their graves, and even wrote pretty inscriptions, and all that without any kind of magic. It was my way to honor that they never needed it to survive and be happy.

After seeing myself alone, this place feels no longer like home... So I decided to change that, I decided to travel, just like you did in your early days, when you saw yourself alone too. It's funny how the history repeats itself don't you think dad? I decided I will see this world, and see how wonderful it is, and how horrible as well, I'm keeping your realism, and your optimism, I think they'll be good partners in this voyage. And once I'm travelling, this place will again, be home, somewhere I know I'll be able to come back. Even if the chances of me to come back are slim.

I've also decided, to write journals on my way, but, I won't be keeping them with me, instead I will leave them in the places where I'll be passing through, with the hope, that someone will find in them, a friend whom not to feel so lonely with.

I will always love you moms and dad, please guide my steps in my new adventure, and if death finds me in my way, may she grant me to see you again.

Jack the Coyote
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:59 pm

Jack first journal, found in a cave, near the end of the jungle where he lived with his parents:

Ok so, some things about this damnable jungle I've been living here forever. ITS HUGE. With Dad and Moms we never went all that far... But I never thought it would take me whole THREE days to get out of here!

So far it's been quite interesting, one thing about not carrying any kind of bag with me is that I have to be creative, in order to find food, and places to sleep (though honestly, I'll sleep practically anywhere... I guess I'm lucky in that aspect). But so far, nothing extraordinary, I kind of run into the neighbour pack of wolves, but since they knew me, there were no much troubles, some of them were kind of jerks, but they were polite nevertheless. I asked them to please, not defile my home, and if they could, you know, take care of any bad folk that comes to loot our home... Surprisingly, one of the older wolves that were leading the pack, came to me slowly, and after carefully smelling me, he said something like "You are Ashar's son aren't you", then I awkwardly nodded and he proceeded "We'll provide vigilance to your old den, she probably saved us all more than once. Your father was a dangerous man, and, if he ever wanted, could have wiped us out all at once. I reckon you've inherit his powers. But, this is only a favor to Ashar, we owe you nothing young uplift." I honestly got a bit confused, my dad a dangerous man, yeah, and pigs can fly (...do pigs fly?), but nevertheless I courtesiously bowed before the wolf said my deepest thanks and continued my travel to find the end of the jungle.

I climbed to the tallest tree I saw today, (well I kind of cheated, but well, why hurt my claws when I have wind powers) and finally saw the end of the jungle, I saw a bit of a barren, and I saw something blue out on the horizon, that I presume is the sea. The books of dad always depicted it as a big blue mass of water, so I guess it must be. But anyways, I should be at one day of walking, less if I decide to hurry, and I will probably because well, the idea of getting out of this jungle is quite enticing!

I'm feeling really excited about all this, I never felt this sensation before, is total freedom, like, the world is there for me to discover, and I know every place will be just awesome!

Jack the Coyote
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:14 am

Jack second? journal, found in one of the few trees in the "Barren near the Ocean", near Jack's jungle:

I would have never imagine how hard the life in the desert can be. There's nothing, and noone around here, it feels so empty, so much empty space. I wonder why nothing grows here, only a few trees, and they already seem old and dead... I guess the sun is too hard in these lands for anything to really grow, but I still ask myself howcome, some days ago, I was in an all-green jungle, with life pouring from literally everywhere, and suddenly everything became a barren desert of no life? I haven't even start to travel, and this world already looks misteriously awesome.

Another intriguing thing for me, is the fact that at night, is terribly, but like, I'm not even exagerating, cold. I had to dig these little holes and stuck myself in them in order to not freeze to the bones! So weird, at daylight, I had to use a spell to protect my paws from being burn by the blazing sand and the sharp rocks, and at daynight I had to hide underground. So weird!

I also realize that, at night everything seems to move. I'm guessing its kind of a "thing" of the dessert, that at night things will move, I guess taking the oportunity that is fresh outside and all. Still I'm not sure if what moves is alive or just my imagination being a bit of a jerk. Probably a bit of both. This sun is a bit overwhelming.

I can see the sea getting closer, but I never imagined it would take so long to get to it... I hope I'll be able to swim when I get there... Actually, I hope I'll know how to swim.

Let's just continue ahead, follow the sun, it seems to point to where the sea is at. That will help you, because, it's easy to start walking in circles around here!

Jack the Coyote
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:31 am

The what's probably third entry from Jack's journal, was found in an Inn near the west coast of the now known continent of Nei:

Hello dear traveler who found this, maybe you'll be interested to know that you're located in Irna, a little portuary village, that's also located in a biiiig mass of like I guess dirt and stuff called Nei, a continent.

I know this because the villagers have tell me, they allowed me to stay at one of their Inns, though I had to pay a little, since I didn't have what they considered money, I had to offer them one of the pelts I used to use as a blanket for the cool nights, but since I have a spare one, It wasn't a loss.

People here is quite friendly, though, a bit "cold" sometimes, especially when it comes down to business. I guess is just their inheritage or something, they say this village was made by humans! My dad told me about them, he was always talking about his human, a female that he called Adlai, it seems they were very good and close friends. I am kind of jealous that he got to see them. I would love to see a human, even more to befriend one!

Anyways, I'm very exciting, this travels are something incredible! And I'm glad for you as well, since you must be traveling too if you found this, traveling friends!

I heard that some guy around here is going to go on a big anual trip they do, they are going to use these things that float they call ships, and go to another continent to exchange food, many variated goods and raw materials, whatever that means. It seems they do it once a year so they can "refil their stock", again, whatever that means. I talked with the guy and he said I could come with him, if I helped on board which I will do gladly! It must be quite interesting the life of a sea man.

I'll see you on the other side brother!

Jack the Coyote
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Possibly Jack's fourth entry was found in between the sheets of the ship he boarded on Nei, the crewmen found it, and decide it to leave it in the wall of the passengers cabin, after framing it:

I have no idea how long I've been in here, one thing about ships is sure, they are very slow! The crewmen are a bunch of loudmouths, but they are good people, they may seem rude at first, intimidating even but if you don't show fear, and treat them with respect in the end you'll see how they are just a bunch of dreamers.

Herbert, one of the guys that work on the deck, told me he was an Iguana, and that he got there after a long journey from his home country, just like me! He said he loved it there, that the sea had always been his dream, it's so much fun to hang out with him after night, he teaches me about the stars, and how they appear every night, he says they are useful for sailors (who are those who sail, which means does who go around in ships) because they make up for really good guides. Honestly, I have no idea how they make good guides, since they don't really speak and they are just up there...

But I digress, we also have Alanoir he has wings! He told me he's a seagull, and that he lived close to the sea all his life, he tells stories of olden times, he's a Familiar you know, he also has windy powers, like me, but he can control them a lot more than me, as he helps with the sails when the winds suddenly change, and can do special tricks and stuff. He's been also teaching me some of his tricks, like a sort of coat thingie to protect yourself on rainy days.

Which reminds me, we had a couple of rainy days on board, and it was dreadful! Everyone was tense but determined, they didn't really talk much those days, since we had a lot to do, winds changed fast, and the rain made everything unbearable, but at least I got to know that Francis, the big bear that sails in this ship is the main guy who handles things on rainy days, I mean, rain doesn't affect him a tad, and he's strong like a... Bear! And can carry a lot of weight, which is fundamental, because on rainy days everything becomes a mess, the waves are too big and shake the boat too much!

The other guys are pretty awesome as well, Cilex, Nelli, and Langdon are always playing cards, it's a fancy game they play with paper or something, but it's pretty fun! Nelli tried to teach me, she's very patient, but I didn't really get it and I kept "blowing my cover" whatever that means. But they were good people, and didn't take my money!

But I can't finish my journal without mentioning the good captain and his first mate (I honestly, don't really know why he has that "charge", first mate sounds a bit cocky, though he's not cocky at all), captain Ler'ikr is a very very patient man, the first days I didn't do anything but cause trouble, and he didn't get mad at me he just kept saying "Keep trying boy, you'll get the hang of it" again and again, and he was right! I think I've learned a lot in this trip with him. But the one who will always be there for you, is Ivan, he's always around the crew members, even doing work he doesn't need to, he cares for everyone on behalf of the always busy captain, he's old, a very old white wolf, he looks menacing at first, but once you talk with him, his voice is so soothing! I believe he's a familiar, he has no runes like papa or Alanoir, but he kind of looks like it. Never seen him doing anything special, he just walks around and keeps an eye on everything. But he has this "pose", I guess it's his face that looks threatening, but he never had to use the force whenever a brawl broke up (oh yes, the guys fight a lot, but they say it's normal), he just strolls in the room, says "Alright, enough fun for today" and everyone calms down, and like nothing happened! I really have to respect that.

Anyways, I'm running out of paper, so if you had the luck to travel in this ship, and the crew is still the same, respect them, and you'll find a little family in them. I know I have, and I'll always carry them with me in my heart.

Onward to my next destination!

Jack the Coyote
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: