Uplift Studio Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCENARIO! Bear Attack

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SCENARIO! Bear Attack - Page 2 Empty SCENARIO! Bear Attack

Post by Ice Paw Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

It started a few days ago, a very large, very hungry, and violent bear wandered into the market place and sacked all the food vendor's stalls. Now he's just sitting there, in the market, and no attempts to make him leave, either physically or magically have been effective. Magic just seems to roll off of him.

The merchants are angry, and the entire community is distressed. Something has to be done! But what?

----

The Rules
- One character per person
- There is no limit to the amount of people that may join
- You may contact me to mediate disputes, but I doubt that such will be necesary
- You are welcome to handle the bear in any way you see fit. I can mediate the bear's actions, if needed

----
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Aether : 5027

https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

SCENARIO! Bear Attack - Page 2 Empty Re: SCENARIO! Bear Attack

Post by Rusty Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:33 pm

"Phew," Rusty sighed.

"Yes. I've heard that 'dregs' can be made from special birth, or from a magic later in their lives," his concentration on his memory wavered while he battled his instincts to run to cover.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Aether : 4789

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack the coyote Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:47 pm

"I see... Well, that's my best guess." He said.

The bear had gotten close to them, close enough to deliver another blow to both of the little animals annoying him.

"For now..." He said, while suddenly pulling Rusty on his back. "I think we should get out of his range!"

And as the bear tried to strike, Jack used his wind powers to create a strong current with his hind legs to pull them away. With a little fly by, they were back with the tumult of people who had fled even further away due to what was going on. Putting Rusty back on the ground, and looking at the public he said:

"Well, if he's indeed a dreg we need someone with experience with this. Either way, we need to dispose of him. Magic alone won't work, we need to use our wits people!"
Jack the coyote
Jack the coyote
Aeromancer Coyote Uplift

Aether : 4751

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:50 am

The bear continued rooting around in vendor stalls seemingly oblivious to the Uplift that he just barreled away. It hit upon a large supply of fish from Rusty's stall, and sat back and started eating.

For the moment, it seemed content and not aggressive.

((Excerpt from the Book: "Animals can attain sentience through magic, and even by the intervention of a Familiar or Uplift. Sometimes, Dregs arise when a normal animal absorbs enough ambient Aether or drinks from a pond that is soaked with Aether. Most Dregs, however are Dregs from birth, either being born from a Dreg, or from a Feral who has become soaked in Aether energy.

It should be noted that not all Ferals soaked in Aether become Dregs. Many are affected in other ways."))
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Aether : 5027

https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Rusty covered his face after glimpsing his days of fishing eaten away.

At least he had his bag now, with some of his supplies and treasures, now including sugary desserts. "I wonder if I should move on to another town, or stay by the river until this ordeal ends," he thought.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Aether : 4789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2