Uplift Studio Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon

4 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Empty AU RP Undying Phenomenon

Post by Virgina Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Undying Phenomenon

About this RP
  • This is an alternate universe role play for a reason: the character you choose to play as can die! Watch out for that.
  • If you want to participate, just post right now in character, accepting the shopkeeper's plea. Once I got a good head count, this quest can begin! RP has started! Contact me through PM or other means so we con discuss how to introduce your character. It shouldn't be too much trouble. Chances are, it'll be simple as walking in. :3
  • This thread will be using my RP System. You can read all about it here!
    If you just want to see what steps to take to create a character, look over here!
  • But for now, it's okay to post as a character even without his or her stats created. If you commit an action that requires a check, I will roll with the appropriate modifications for the default Familiar, Uplift, or Dreg.
  • I will allow redistribution of omega points if some choices show to be less useful or if you change your mind. Don't be afraid! This is untested after all!
  • I will make a character sheet for your character if you ask! Just tell me about your character and I will fill in the most appropriate things for it. Or, just tell me what play style you like. You can PM me and we'll work it out. (want to be a good spell caster that heals; a fighter; sneaky; etc.)
  • Birds and flying animals are allowed! I don't know if I had to say that, but there you go!
  • RP replies can be a descriptive or short as you want them to be. It's totally okay to switch between them if you find yourself with more or less time.
    >Doing post like commands is okay too!
    >Accept Quest
    >Talk to that chicken guard over there!
    >Loot that wardrobe!
  • I encourage role playing with the NPC and fellow players. See how far you can steer the story and explore things!
  • Feel free to "try out" this RP. If you don't like it after a while, or can't keep up, you can PM me and I put him or her on a bus!
  • And if the RP system proves to be inadequate or cumbersome, we can abandon it and just try a normal RP.

We begin our tale in darkness.

"Well, it's come down to this."

Just ahead of you flows a heavy sigh. You look atop a counter and see remnants of jars, used plates, and a stack of lids. In the middle lies a fox terrier, the owner of the general store you've been holding up in for five days.

Five days. It's been that long. You can still hear them. Their terrible moans. The damned walk the streets of Chervil, a renowned town of prosperity in the up and coming Anise Kingdom.

To keep hidden, the terrier insist limiting any light source that could attract attention. Tonight seems different, however. The terrier lights a lantern. While the flame still flickers, he looks at you.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Foxterriershopkeep

He breaks eye contact only to look at his collie wife and pup daughter. He states at you again. "I don't think they're coming back." He's referring to the poodle and iguana that left three days ago. "And, well, frankly, I think we should consider more active options. We need to find help.

"I don't know what it is, but I feel you're our best chance to get out of this mess."

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Napkinmap

The store owner then hands over an unkempt handkerchief with unnatural stains. "In case of an invasion, this market street is suppose to evacuate to the nearby book building. I think you should look there.

"Do your best."

>You got a [Mapkin]! *APPROPIATE ITEM GETTING MUSIC*

Some Extra Info You Might Want to Know
"(click here) But I'm sure all of this will come up in the adventure":

Some important links: Crossed-off links are temporary unusable until the premium domain name is back. Please use the links next to them until then.

The complete rules for the Mink Venture RP System: [link]
https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net/t25-cody-s-rp-system-mink-venture-wip

The Quickstart Character Creation Guide Thread: [link]
https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net/t28-cody-rp-character-maker-quickstart-guide

The Thread to post your character sheet: [link]
https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net/t27-wip-rp-system-character-post-board

Last edited by Virgina on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : links and to emphasise leniency on char making choices)
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Aether : 4858

Back to top Go down

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Empty Re: AU RP Undying Phenomenon

Post by Tlaetiaf Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:26 pm

"I think going down will take us to them." Tinctus said.

He approached the door in his front, looking at Kettle for approval before opening it.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf
Cryomancer Ermine Familiar

Aether : 4729

http://tewi.us/tegaki/uentries.php?u=93882

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Kettle gestured 'yes', unsure what to expect. It seemed like a good place to hide away, at least.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Aether : 4781

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:23 pm

(I was waiting for Tinctus to open the door. It didn't donned on me until last night that maybe he was waiting for me. Sorry! ^^;; I'll just go on ahead now.) (So I was suppose to respond! xD;;)

And with that, Tinctus opened the way to the next room.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Directorroom

The space was furnished as a place for business and recognition. Its bookshelf housed numerous awards along with select reading.
Right behind the busy desk hung a painting. There are a pair of curtains to the side of the desk.

The left wall has a window that's been barricaded.

Last edited by Virgina on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:48 am

(OCC: I made an ambiguous post so you could move forward after Dook, but maybe it wasn't explicit enough xD
I was thinking of making an extra post just to make sure, but you caught on before it!)

Tinctus looked around, with a mix of both curiosity and apprehensiveness. He waited for Keetle to move inside, before closing the door again.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:40 am

Kettle gave a relieved sigh at the room's appearance, and began examining.
>Read the letters on the desk
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:50 am

Most of the paper are financial records. The massive payment to have lady Fiora is staggering!

A good amount of the other papers are drafts or plays requesting approval. Pennmenship ranges from passible to unreadable.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:54 am

>Open the curtains!
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:41 pm

Kettle looked through the curtains and immediately regretted this action.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Th_lazlo_Theater_26_lookingdown

What was once used to monitor staff and gaze upon great talent and record-breaking seat filling was now a vista of horrors. Although unpleasant, Kettle did notice the lack of damned, spotting only a few in the seating. There was a commotion past the break between the front door and the backseats, so it's safe to assume the goat's barricade is still holding to. His would ached when he spotted the busted side entrance.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:59 pm

After closing the door, he started to smell the surroundings, in a vague search for anything he deemed useful, in particular, a replacement potion. Tinctus nudged over some objects, touching them out of sheer curiosity and ignoring others. Noticing Kettle being drawn to the curtains, he decided to inspect the other window, apparently blocked by several planks.
"A way out?" he thought.

He caught Kettle's reaction and got curious himself, calmly approaching as response.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:02 pm

With the door locked, Tinctus began searching the room for anything interesting, or a potion.

Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:02 pm

The member 'Virgina' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 15
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Aether : 5019

https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Tinctus was at the top of his game when snooping.

Most of the trophies weren't interesting, except for the center and right one on the second shelf. Those predate the Cataclysm and honored the human cast along with their familiars.

He also found something interesting along the books. Two pages of the heftier books were marked with strange symbols:

You found two Crude Talisman of Protection!
[acc.] +3 Temp HP. Do not stack with each other or any other temp HP.

The desk brings nothing except a near empty bottle of cheap whiskey.

Looking through the boarded up window's gaps you see your escape route. Just under the window is a ledge that's just big enough to walk over. It leads straight to the makeshift bridge.

Just before bothering Kettle, you notice odd metal behind the monkey painting.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Monkeyportraitstaticbkgd

They're handles! You feel the frame and figured out their ark. A simple paw swipe and...

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Revealhiddenfinalbkgd

A safe!
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Wh-- A painting swung nearby Kettle's head, making him spook back out of the corner. He sidestepped over to a safer location.
>Excavate safe
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Blinking was all he did, as the painting moved by itself. It had been much more than just a fortuitous search!
He watched as Kettle lunged for the safe, pretty sure that he'd fare a lot better than him in opening that metal box.

"I found this." said Tinctus, giving one of the two talismans he had found to Kettle. He knew what they were and did, so he didn't wait much longer before pocketing one of them, instead of wearing it.

>Give one of the two Crude Talisman of Protection to Kettle.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Several tries lead to the right key. Kettle opened the safe:

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Monkeysafeopened

The little strongbox did not carry any fortunes, however. Either the safe's been cleaned out or never had loot to begin with. Looks like the former; There lies six silver crowns.

You got six Silver Crowns!
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:44 am

>Thank Tinctus and equip the Talisman!

After the excitement of finding hidden treasure subsided, Kettle paused thoughtfully while retrieving his keys. He never thought twice with looting garbage, and taking tools lying around. The possibility of being a thief didn't occur to Kettle until now, after he had finally unlocked someone's else's safe.

>Take three of the Silver Crowns

The old goat looked to their window of escape, and asked Tinctus, "before we might leave, is it a good idea to return the keys back to the lift and send it down?"

((Sorry I've been inactive this past week! I was off visiting. And now I'm planning to leave again to help with a summer camp for the next two to three weeks. Man, I'm really enjoying this RP, too. I might have access to the camp director's computer so I'll see if I can still reply.))
Edit: Disregard that, plans changed to go there at the end of August. aaaa xD;
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:19 am

AAAAAAAh I'm glad to see you still have interest in this RP! : D And I understand about the long absence. I'm glad everything went so well!

I'll just let you two interact until I'm needed to describe an action. Until then, I want to share my current stat notes I have on each of your characters:

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Th_KettleStatBleat_dlete
(click for larger view)

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Tinctus_Sheet_delete
(crossed out potion given to Kettle)

Let me know if you have questions or if I may have written something wrong. Good luck you two!

Last edited by Virgina on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:13 am

Tinctus didn't question anything, he just assumed. He took the remaining 3 Silver Crowns and pocketed them. Still short of a potion, but wasn't holding any regret.

As he took the coins he glanced at Kettle, who was suggesting a plan related to the elevator.

"What if there more?" he inquired.
"Keep the keys, leave the lift. They may wreck it."

He knew he would. Why wouldn't they?

\\ Never questioned your absence Dook, I just assumed shores were taking your time ahah!
But I'm enjoying as well! The pace is slow enough to be enjoyable and relaxing. I like this posting from time to time :)
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:47 am

"Mm," he furrowed his brows and eventually nodded. "Okay. Maybe there are other ways too."

He resumed to focus on the exit, retrieving the hammer from his bag.

>disassemble boarded up window
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:35 am

The window is now plank free!

Underneath lies a commotion of damned. They howl and beg towards the two survivors.

Just on other side of the window, there's a ledge that encircles the theater. It's a bit small but should be safe to walk on. Just a little further to the right starts the makeshift bridge the two spotted. It's shanty connects the ledge to the building to the other side!
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:48 am

He still insisted in being the leader, or at least the guy in front.

"Take rear." he replied, moving towards to the window. It always felt impossible to discern if he was being amiable or not with that scruffy voice.

Tinctus licked his nose as he looked down. He took everything very seriously, but with an unearthly calm. He started to take the first steps towards the bridge.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:11 am

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 6 Lazlo_Theater_26_BRIDGEWALK-1

The carnivore steadily makes progress. Each step coldly calculated. No mistakes. He finds himself at the foot of the escape.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Before climbing, Kettle picked up some of the nails he could scavenge from the boarded window. Anxiety nibbled painfully at his insides as he hopped on the ledge and heard the gluttonous screams. He preferred to focus on the stout Tinctus, the ledge, the bridge structure's stability- anything but those below.

He reached Tinctus and squinted ahead.
>Study the bridge, look for anything to support or fix.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Inspection of the bridge showed a handful of shaky planks. The foundation gets a little dangerous towards the middle end. Kettle has to use some sturdy planks and all of his newly yoinked nails to stabilize it. The process should be easy.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:40 am

Tinctus halted at the bridge, looking at it from one side and the other. Reasoning, he already figured the goat would be able to discern something out of it due to his handy skills. He let him do his job, without going through the bridge.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next