Uplift Studio Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon

4 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 7 Empty AU RP Undying Phenomenon

Post by Virgina Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Undying Phenomenon

About this RP
  • This is an alternate universe role play for a reason: the character you choose to play as can die! Watch out for that.
  • If you want to participate, just post right now in character, accepting the shopkeeper's plea. Once I got a good head count, this quest can begin! RP has started! Contact me through PM or other means so we con discuss how to introduce your character. It shouldn't be too much trouble. Chances are, it'll be simple as walking in. :3
  • This thread will be using my RP System. You can read all about it here!
    If you just want to see what steps to take to create a character, look over here!
  • But for now, it's okay to post as a character even without his or her stats created. If you commit an action that requires a check, I will roll with the appropriate modifications for the default Familiar, Uplift, or Dreg.
  • I will allow redistribution of omega points if some choices show to be less useful or if you change your mind. Don't be afraid! This is untested after all!
  • I will make a character sheet for your character if you ask! Just tell me about your character and I will fill in the most appropriate things for it. Or, just tell me what play style you like. You can PM me and we'll work it out. (want to be a good spell caster that heals; a fighter; sneaky; etc.)
  • Birds and flying animals are allowed! I don't know if I had to say that, but there you go!
  • RP replies can be a descriptive or short as you want them to be. It's totally okay to switch between them if you find yourself with more or less time.
    >Doing post like commands is okay too!
    >Accept Quest
    >Talk to that chicken guard over there!
    >Loot that wardrobe!
  • I encourage role playing with the NPC and fellow players. See how far you can steer the story and explore things!
  • Feel free to "try out" this RP. If you don't like it after a while, or can't keep up, you can PM me and I put him or her on a bus!
  • And if the RP system proves to be inadequate or cumbersome, we can abandon it and just try a normal RP.

We begin our tale in darkness.

"Well, it's come down to this."

Just ahead of you flows a heavy sigh. You look atop a counter and see remnants of jars, used plates, and a stack of lids. In the middle lies a fox terrier, the owner of the general store you've been holding up in for five days.

Five days. It's been that long. You can still hear them. Their terrible moans. The damned walk the streets of Chervil, a renowned town of prosperity in the up and coming Anise Kingdom.

To keep hidden, the terrier insist limiting any light source that could attract attention. Tonight seems different, however. The terrier lights a lantern. While the flame still flickers, he looks at you.

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 7 Foxterriershopkeep

He breaks eye contact only to look at his collie wife and pup daughter. He states at you again. "I don't think they're coming back." He's referring to the poodle and iguana that left three days ago. "And, well, frankly, I think we should consider more active options. We need to find help.

"I don't know what it is, but I feel you're our best chance to get out of this mess."

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 7 Napkinmap

The store owner then hands over an unkempt handkerchief with unnatural stains. "In case of an invasion, this market street is suppose to evacuate to the nearby book building. I think you should look there.

"Do your best."

>You got a [Mapkin]! *APPROPIATE ITEM GETTING MUSIC*

Some Extra Info You Might Want to Know
"(click here) But I'm sure all of this will come up in the adventure":

Some important links: Crossed-off links are temporary unusable until the premium domain name is back. Please use the links next to them until then.

The complete rules for the Mink Venture RP System: [link]
https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net/t25-cody-s-rp-system-mink-venture-wip

The Quickstart Character Creation Guide Thread: [link]
https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net/t28-cody-rp-character-maker-quickstart-guide

The Thread to post your character sheet: [link]
https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net/t27-wip-rp-system-character-post-board

Last edited by Virgina on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : links and to emphasise leniency on char making choices)
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Aether : 4853

Back to top Go down

AU RP Undying Phenomenon - Page 7 Empty Re: AU RP Undying Phenomenon

Post by Rusty Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 am

Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Aether : 4776

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:02 pm

(OGASH BOB ASDF BUILDER :Jitterken: )

Kettle makes his attempt. It's fascinating, seeing a quadruped stabilize a bridge.

>[Repair and Construct] d20+8 vs. ???]
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:02 pm

The member 'Virgina' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift
Cryomancer Fox Uplift

Aether : 5014

https://upliftstudio.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:12 pm

With the last nail struck, the carpenter looked over his work one last time. Only a few planks made any hint of a squeak, quickly muffled by the sounds of the dead circling the underside. The bridge and the dead no longer pose a threat.

The two survivors can now cross and leave the theater behind and continue their travel to their mapkin destination.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 pm

(lol at the emoticons)

On the ledge just by the bridge, Tinctus waited patiently for Kettle to finish. He was amazed by the wood-work, albeit impossible to discern due to his lack of emotional expression.

When the bridge was ready, he followed Kettle, not even slightly disturbed by the mob underneath them.
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf
Cryomancer Ermine Familiar

Aether : 4724

http://tewi.us/tegaki/uentries.php?u=93882

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:53 am

Kettle secured the chain over his body, and hoofed it over to the other building. Seeing the steps being less creaky than before, took some of the pain and worry from his expression.
Rusty
Rusty
Sailor Ferret Dreg

Aether : 4776

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:29 pm

The two critters walked the pathway. It was a interesting feeling, especially for Kettle. The goat's been wandering the performance house for most of the day, looking for a special exit, scavenging, and haunted by its final and vicious residents. Survival hasn't been easy for Tinctus either, with his own share of hardships in this catastrophe long before encountering the herbivore. And this three meter cross is suppose to save them from it all? How strange it seemed. Nevertheless, they were out of Lazlo's theater.

Ahead of them was a fascinating sight. The roofs from this stretch of buildings were constraint together. Gaps were very easy to manage, with makeshift pathways between longer jumps, complete skyways and other assortments of elaborate architecture. Now all they needed to do was follow the napkin to the book building.

And that's it for this part! Thanks you two for keeping interest in the RP! I'm a little stuck at what I really want to do after the theater, but I'll try to setup the new area(s) as soon as I can.
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaetiaf Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:31 am

Before I forget to comment again.

Ok! I kept interested because it was interesting for me! The slow but steady and unfailing pace of the adventure was very enjoyable as well. It's been a pleasure since the start with both you and Dook :D
I'll assume after this successful RP you'll turn up the twists and turns, no? Eheh!

I'll be eager for the following misadventures! :)

:Jitterken: * PARTY HARD* :Jitterken:
Tlaetiaf
Tlaetiaf
Cryomancer Ermine Familiar

Aether : 4724

http://tewi.us/tegaki/uentries.php?u=93882

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgina Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Thank you for the kind words, Alfador. I'm really glad you're enjoying the RP! I was never too sure about my own pacing... Thanks again!

Guys, I'll try to have an update before Wednesday! Right now I'm thinking of sending the RP to the book building, to chat with NPCs and to begin the main story. I hope you guys are fine with that!

Until then, JITTERY KENS FOR EVERYONE!

:Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Skwerl Bump: :Jitterken: :Uber Bump: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken: :Jitterken:

Last edited by Virgina on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Virgina
Virgina
Purifier Mink Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Paw Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:33 am

LMAO you guys XD
Ice Paw
Ice Paw
Cryomancer Fox Uplift